Photo: Alex Martinez
We’re having an Indian Summer Party tomorrow night at our studio in Vancouver (which you are all invited to), and asked some of our friends to make a mix for us to play at the party. We’ll post all of these mixes on here.
First up is photographer Alex Martinez of Hamburger Eyes and of course, Dancing Alone To Pony fame. A-Mart is a rad guy who was one of the first photographers I worked with & met in person – at the Stream Exhibition in Los Angeles. Lately, we can’t get enough of him!
Alex on his music selection – “(These) jams make me feel like I am in a car full of friends on our way to the party. The warmup before the madness begins.”
Free, White & 21
1. Otis Redding : You Left The Water Running
2. Sleigh Bells : Rill Rill
3. Stevie Wonder : For Once In My Life
4. Broken Social Scene : Cause=Time
5. Toro Y Moi : Imprint After
6. The Zombies : Sticks and Stones
7. Charizma & Peanut Butter Wolf : Soon To Be Large
8. Nick Waterhouse : Some Place
9. Dream Cop : Beach City / Carol I Know
10. The Strokes : I Can’t Win
Hope to see you tomorrow!
Friday October 1, 2010. 10pm
01 Magazine Studio
478 Union and Jackson (Strathcona)